Invest in Pistoia
Pistoia is located between the Province of Lucca in the West position, the Province of Prato in the east and the Province of Florence to the south. The name was given by the Romans in the second century called Pistorium .
The nursery professional is the most important business city and boasts a tradition that starts from 1859. Pistoia now has about 2000 companies that cultivate outdoor plants for large-scale distribution for the green public, private gardens, the landscape and for other ornamental purposes.
The majority of sales is due to exports to Europe and there are many applications in Italy and Many countries outside Europe. The flora and nursery companies are largely family-run, together representing approximately 25% of the production of ornamental plants in Italy.
Pistoia has made tourism a key factor for the 'economy of the province. Have moved into many entrepreneurs in this sector, where profit margins go up dramatically due to 'impact tourism in the area.
Are Hundreds of facilities operating in the territory, with all activities related to them: hotels, restaurants, farm holidays and services for tourism.
If you want to visit Tuscany you will find useful information on holidays in Tuscany .
Facilities for companies
- E 'was launched a project for training and assistance on the subject of International Marketing on the fields of mechanical engineering, textiles and apparel.
E 'reserved for entrepreneurs and executives of companies with registered and operating in Tuscany with a minimum of 250,000 Euro.
- Animont is a project funded by the Region Tuscany and is aimed at SMEs (small and medium-sized companies) of 'mountain area of the province of Pistoia and Prato, and all those who wish to start their own business. The program is divided into two areas: first, a series of seminars, conferences, meetings monographic information on topical issues such as new forms of work, work interinario, the new cooperatives, but also opportunities funding and new tools available to companies in the telematics field.
The second area is the ability for companies to require the implementation of short courses and refresher training for their employees or contractors for the same, which can be achieved at farms or in nearby locations.
For more information see the website of Chamber of Commerce of Pistoia.
Monuments and museums
In the midst of so many art cities, the city of Pistoia is sometimes overlooked, is unfortunate since this beautiful Tuscan city itself contains several monuments and museums of great cultural and artistic history.
Piazza del Duomo is an example: it includes buildings of great artistic significance such as the Cathedral, dedicated to San Zeno, with its facade in Romanesque style. The famous silver altar of San Jacopo.
Next to this you can admire the beautiful Cathedral built on the bell tower of an ancient Lombard origin.
The Civic Museum, housed in the Palazzo Comunale, contains the testimony of the artistic history of the city.
The museum in fact works from legacies and donations and works belonged to the municipality.
Not far from Piazza is the Palazzo Rospigliosi, which houses the Diocesan Museum and the Museum of Embroidery.
Pistoia and its territory have an old and established tradition of embroidery.
In town you will also find the Museo Marino Marini, Fabroni Palace, home to exhibitions and permanent exhibitions devoted to contemporary art.
For info call 0573.60032/60332)
Ski School Mount Elbow - Abetone, Val di Light. (For info call 0573.60392/609020)
Ski School Col� - Abetone (For
- Florence - Motorway A11 towards Pisa - Km. 35
- Lucca - Florence Highway A11 direction - km. 42
- Pisa - Florence Highway A11 direction - km. 67
- Bologna - Florence Highway A1 and A11 motorway towards Pisa - Km. 91
- from Rome - A1 to Bologna and Highway A11 direction Pisa - Km. 306
BY TRAIN: Daily connections to and from Bologna (Porrettana) and to and from Florence and Viareggio.
BY BUS: Daily on-line Florence - Viareggio with the Bus Lazzi
BY PLANE: From the airports of Pisa and Florence Peretola