Elba: Invest in 'the most beautiful island of the Tuscan Archipelago
The Island has an area of 200 square kilometers, the coast extends for 147 km, in a continuous succession of beaches of white sand, rocks and cliffs overlooking the sea.
The Elbe is divided into 8 municipalities: Portoferraio, Campo nell'Elba, Capoliveri, Marciana, Marciana Marina, Porto Azzurro, Rio Marina and Rio nell'Elba. Many hotels, hotels, inns and bed and breakfast last minute offers and promotions.
Thanks to the beauty of the island, the variety of its landscapes and the quality of services offered Elbe has become a popular tourist destination worldwide.
Elba is in fact connected by several daily ferries and hydrofoils, which in an hour of navigation covering 10 kilometers of sea that separates the continent.
The economic structure of 'island relies mainly on tourism in recent years become a huge industry, which encompasses several activities linked to it: accommodation, catering, commerce and services.
- shipbuilding industry
The Elbe is characterized by the classic maritime climate, with mild temperatures even in winter.
The rains are irregular and quite often during the summer season there are prolonged periods of drought.
Mainly on the wind blows the Scirocco, which generally gives way, in the summer afternoons, the cool wind Maestrale limiting the summer heat and by making pleasant days sultry.
The libeccio perform a function of homogenization and dissemination of plant species: these libeccio is probably attributable to the spread in 'The Island of Capraia of some species typical of Sardinia.
It is very difficult for the island Spirin the Tramontana winds or Grecale.
The climatic conditions of contributing largely to its vegetation, from one zone to another is very different. In some places it is very lush, there are thick pine forests and, in other overlooking the Mediterranean, consisting of dunes where nascono myrtle, heather, rosemary, broom, juniper and beautiful orchids.
- Guidalucca.it The portal for businesses, hotels, bed and breakfast in Lucca. In most history of the city, itineraries and many curiosities.
- Guidapisa.it The portal for businesses, hotels, bed and breakfast in Pisa. In most history of the city, itineraries and many curiosities.
- Guidalivorno.it The portal for businesses, hotels, bed and breakfast in Pisa. In most history of the city, itineraries and many curiosities.
- If you want to visit Tuscany you will find useful information on holidays in Tuscany .
Reach the Elbe
- By Air: The Elba can be reached by air through the airport which is located near Marina di Campo, in La Pila.
- By car: come to Piombino Marittima will embark on the ferry to one of the two shipping companies, and the Toremar Moby Lines that run plurigiornaliere.
- For those coming from the North: A1 from Milan take on Parma Ovest A15, join the A12 Genova-Livorno, exit at Rosignano, drive on the highway until Venturina-Isola d'Elba, from here continue to Piombino Marittima.
- For those coming from North-East: Highway A1 Bologna-Florence-Pisa-Livorno, exit at Rosignano, drive on the highway until Venturina-Isola d'Elba and from here to Piombino Marittima.
Otherwise take the FI-PI-LI, exit at Collesalvetti re up Highway Rosignano Marittima, take the highway up to Venturina-Isola d'Elba and from here continue to Piombino Marittima.
- Coming from the south: Take the A12 Roma-Grosseto: SS Aurelia exit Venturina-Elba Island, continue to Piombino Marittima.